10 Surprising Statistics To Start The 2013 MLB Season
We are now approximately nine games into the young MLB season and there are some interesting statistics developing around the league.
1. Washington Nationals face of the franchise Bryce Harper has yet to walk in 8 games. The young slugger had 4 home runs in 33 at bats but no one base on balls.
3. Seattle Mariners slugger Michael Morse has clubbed 6 homers in his 9 games of the season for the upstart Mariners.
5. Baltimore OriolesChris Davis slugged 4 home runs with 16 runs batted in 4 consecutive games to start the season.
6. The Upton brother made history when B.J. Upton hit a game tying home run only to have Justin Upton hit the walk off home run two batters later. The tomahawk chop must have been in full effect that game.
7. The Toronto Blue Jays and the Los Angeles Angels both sit slumped in the basement of their respective divisions in the young season.
9. Barry Zito, Paul Maholm and Matt Moore are all are 2-0 without surrendering a run their first 2 starts of the season. On the flip side Cole Hamels has allowed 13, Roy Halladay 12, R.A. Dickey and David Price each 10 runs.
I can hardly wait to see what the remaining 151 games have in store for us.