Vladimir Guerrero Polls Twitter On Which Cap He Should Wear To Cooperstown

by Clayton Richer | Posted on Sunday, March 13th, 2016
Facebook Twitter Plusone

Vladimir Guerrero

Vladimir Guerrero spiced up a boring Sunday night on social media by polling his Twitter followers as to which cap the slugger should use if elected to Cooperstown.

At the time of this article the poll had received 3,368 votes with the Montreal Expos receiving 71% of the votes. The Los Angeles Angels garnered the remaining 29%.

I jumped at the opportunity to cast my Expos vote and followed up my selection with a tweet that the slugger promptly “Liked” thereafter. Vladdy’s son who is a spitting image of his father is poised to begin his professional career with the other Canadian contingent as a member of the Toronto Blue Jays.

rsz_screenshot_2016-03-13_232315

Guerrero signed as an amateur free agent with the Montreal Expos in 1993 and then spent half of his 16-year career north of the border with the Expos. The slugger signed as a free agent with the Angels in 2004 where he then spent another 6 years before ending his career with single seasons in Texas and Baltimore.

The free-swinging Guerrero played 1004 games with the Expos batting .323 with a .978 OPS and 234 home runs. He compiled 846 games of service with the Angels batting an equally impressive .319 with a .927 OPS and 173 round trippers.

The future Hall of Famer finished his career with 449 home runs and a career .318 batting average and should undoubtedly be a first ballot inductee.

There is no debating that he belongs in Cooperstown, the only debate will be what cap the Hall of Famer chooses to wear.  By the looks of his poll, the answer with be unanimous.

Baseball in Montreal will once again live on!

Facebook Twitter Plusone
Clayton Richer
About the Author

Clayton Richer is an MLB scribe from north of the border with a slight bias for the Toronto Blue Jays. Clayton has also been the shop-keeper at Baseball Hot Corner since the sites inception in 2012. Follow and interact with Clayton on Twitter @MLBHotCorner or @ClaytonRicher







if ( function_exists( 'pgntn_display_pagination' ) ) pgntn_display_pagination( 'multipage' );